Meeting called to order by Bruce Taralson
Roll Call – Ray Ziegler(Past President), Bruce Taralson(President), Todd Johnson(Vice President), Chris Johnson(Secretary/Treasure), Paul Arends(NE Rep), Ron Fettig(NW Rep), Richard Barta(SW Rep), Darrel Zaback(At Large)
Absent – Gary Klundt(SE Rep) & Darrel Zaback(At Large)
Minutes from October 2010 passed out – Todd J. – 1st / Richard B. – 2nd App.
Treasures Report: read by Chris J. – Richard B. – 1st / Ray Z. – 2nd
- Education Committee Report: Fall October 2011 seminars were discussed, Accesibility on day one and 2009 IRC Multi Family Construction 2nd day. Location to be held in Bismarck October 5th – 7th (Comfort Inn)
- Legislative Committee: Need to be notified in a reasonable time frame to give input on issues pertaining to local jurisdictions. The league of cities has committee sessions on their website. Discussion of having a link on our NDBOA website to league of cities.
- Historical Committee: Nothing at this time.
- Code Committee: Most jurisdictions have adopted 2009 Codes
- Region III: Nothing at this time
- ICC Rep: Nothing at this time
- State of North Dakota Rep: Energy code training in Jamestown, no dates set at this time, will be notified when dates are set, check website. Department of Commerce will be conducting field tests on the IECC, involvement from NDSU and Home Builders Association. Contact Bruce Hagan at The Department of Commerce with questions.
Fall meeting of 2011 in Bismarck, ND October 5th – 7th
Seminars to include, at the fall October 2011 meeting, Accessibility and IRC Multifamily Construction
Spring meeting of 2012 will be held in Grand Forks, ND. No topics have been decided at this time. Will be posted on our web page at a later date.
Promotional Items: Coffee and travel mugs were handed out at the March, 2010 seminar to those who attended. Vests with NDBOA logo on them was determined to be the next promotional item to be ordered.
Building Safety Week: Building safety kits will not be ordered by the NDBOA this year.
Legislative Actions: Bruce Hagan from the North Dakota Department of Commerce will put the NDBOA on an email list that will be distributed our prior to the bills being voted on. This will give members more time to stay current on what bills are being voted on and discussed at the legislative hearings. There needs to be more activity on the Legislative Committee
ABM Hosting Support: A motion was 1st by Bruce T. and 2nd by Richard B. In support of Pat Parsley in running for Secretary/Treasurer of the International Code Board of Directors.
Arizona Building Officials: A motion was 1st by Bruce T. and 2nd by Chris J. to buy raffle tickets for the ICC Annual Business Meeting and Final Action Hearings for 2011 held in Phoenix, AZ.